Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
Our commitment to you
Our online store is operating globally. For European Union data protection purposes, we act as a controller in relation to your personal data.
If you use our products and services in the European Economic Area (EEA), Samko Concept Asia Co. Ltd. will act as the data controller and will be responsible for the processing of the data.
What information is collected and how can we use it?
Types of information collected
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide personal information that is necessary to provide those services to you. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
We will only collect the information that is necessary for its specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. We may collect the following types of information (which may or may not be personal information):
- Information you have provided to us or uploaded (including your contact details): we may collect any and all personal information you provided to us, for example your name, mobile phone number, email address, delivery address, order details, invoicing details, materials or information in relation to creating an account, feedback, and any other information you have provided to us.
- Financial information: information related to completing purchases. For example, credit card holder name, credit card number and etc.
- Social information: information related to your social activities. For example, education background, professional training background and etc.
- Location information(only for specific services/functionalities): information related but not limited to completing purchases. For example, purchase location, residential location and etc.
- Log information: information related to your use of certain functions and websites. For example, cookies and other anonymous identifier technologies, IP addresses, network request information, standard system logs, crash information.
We may also collect other types of information which are not directly or indirectly linked to an individual and which is aggregated, anonymized or de-identified. For example, usage related information may be collected when browsing our website. Such information is collected in order to improve the services that we provide to you.
How the personal information can be used
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing, processing, maintaining, improving and developing our goods and/or services to you, including after-sales services and customer support and for services on your device or through our websites.
- Communicating with you about your device, service or any general queries, such as updates, customer inquiry support, information about our events, notices.
- Conducting marketing related activities, such as providing marketing and promotional materials and updates. For more information on marketing and promotional activities, please refer to the Direct Marketing section below.
- Conducting promotional activities, such as SMS promotions.
- Analyzing and developing statistical information on use of our products and services to better improve our products and services.
- Storing and maintaining information about you for our business operations or legal obligations.
Here are more details on how we use your information (which may include personal information):
- Setting up your own Account. Personal information collected when creating an Account on our website is used for creating the personal Account and profile page for the user.
- Processing your purchase orders. Information relating to e-commerce orders maybe used for processing the purchase order and related after-sales services, including customer support and re-delivery (if applicable). In addition, the order number is used to cross-check the order with the delivery partner as well as the actual delivery of the parcel. The receipt details, including name, address, phone number and postal code are for delivery purposes only. The email address is used to send parcel tracking information to the user. The list of purchased item(s) is used for printing the invoice and allowing users to see what is in the parcel.
- Collecting user feedback. The feedback you chose to provide is valuable in helping us to make continuous improvements to our services. In order to follow up on the feedback you have chosen to provide, we may correspond with you using the personal information that you have provided and keep records.
- Sending notices. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Conducting promotional activities. If you enter into a contest or similar promotion, e.g. via SMS, phone-call or our social media platforms, we may use the personal information you have provided to administrate those programs.
- We may use your name, phone number, and email address to provide you marketing materials in related to goods and services or if you chose to subscribe to our newsletter. To provide better user experience, we may recommend above-mentioned products, services and activities based on information about your purchase history, website browsing history, age and location. We will only use your personal data after we obtain your prior explicit consent and involve in a clear affirmative action or indication of no objection in accordance with local data protection laws, which may require separate explicit consent. You have the right to opt out of our proposed use of your personal data for direct marketing. If you no longer wish to receive certain types of email communications, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication. We will not transfer your personal data to our business partners for the use of direct markeing by our business partners.
Cookies and other technologies
- What information is collected and how we can use them: Technologies such as cookies, tags, and scripts are used by us and our Third-Party Service Providers. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administrating the site, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Log Files: As true of most websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we gather about you.
- Local Storage – HTML5/Flash: We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 or Flash to store content and preferences. Third parties who provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 or Flash cookies to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tool for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash cookies, please click here:http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
With whom we share your information
We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your personal information on occasion to third parties (as described below) in order to provide the products or services that you have requested.
Disclosure may be made to Third Party Service Providers and affiliated companies listed in this section below. In each case described in this section, you can be assured that we will only share your personal information in accordance with your consent. Your consent to us will engage sub-processors for the processing of your personal information. You should know that when we share your personal information with a Third-Party Service Provider under any circumstance described in this section, we will contractually specify that the third party is subject to practices and obligations to comply with applicable local data protection laws. We will contractually ensure compliance by any Third-Party Service Providers with the privacy standards that apply to them in your home jurisdiction.
Sharing with our group and third-party service providers
From time to time, in order to conduct business operations smoothly in providing you with the full capabilities of our products and services, we may disclose your personal information from time to time to our related companies, or our third party service providers which are our mailing houses, delivery service providers, telecommunications companies, data centers, data storage facilities, customer service providers, advertising and marketing service providers, agents acting on behalf of us, [related corporations, and/or other third parties] (together “Third Party Service Providers”). Such Third-Party Service Providers would process your personal information on behalf of us or for one or more of the purposes listed above. If you no longer wish to allow us to share this information, please contact us at [email protected] but services provided to you may be affected.
Sharing with others
We may disclose your personal information without further consent when required under applicable law.
Information not requiring consent
- We may share anonymized information and statistics in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website, we may share them trends about the general use of our services, such as the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain products or who carried out certain transactions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent if it is and only to the extent it is allowed explicitly under local data protection laws.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secured. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collected on our websites. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information.
For example, when you send or receive data from your device to our website, we make sure they are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) and other algorithms.
All your personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We classify your data based on importance and sensitivity and ensure that your personal information has the highest security level. We ensure that our employees and Third-Party Service Providers who access the information to help providing you with our products and services are subjected to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they failed to meet such obligations. All in all, we regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against any unauthorized access and use.
We will take all practicable steps to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
We will take upon the personal data breach, notifying the breach to relevant supervisory authority or under some circumstances, notifying the personal data breach to the data subjects by complying with applicable laws, including your local data protection legislation.
What you can do
- You can play your role in safeguarding your personal information by not disclosing your password or account and credit card information to anybody unless such person is duly authorized by you. Whenever you log in to your Account on our websites, particularly on somebody else’s computer or on public Internet terminals, you should always log out at the end of your session.
- We cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accesses to your personal information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
- Your assistance will help us protecting the privacy of your personal information.
Personal information will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain personal information or remove the means by which the personal information can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal information was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal information. If further processing is for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes according to the applicable laws, the data can be further retained by us even if the further processing is incompatible with original purposes.
You have control over your personal information
If you have previously agreed that we use your personal information for the above mentioned purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us at [email protected]
Access, update, correct, erase or restrict processing your personal information
- You have the right to request access to and/or correction of any other personal information that we hold about you. When you update your personal information, you will be asked to verify your identity before we proceed with your request. Once we obtain sufficient information to accommodate your request for access to or correction of your personal information, we shall proceed to respond to your request within any timeframe set out under your applicable data protection laws.
- A copy of your personal data collected and processed by us will be provided to you free of charge upon your request. For any extra requests of the same information, we may charge a reasonable fee based on actual administrative costs according to the applicable laws.
- If you would like to request access to your personal data held by us or if you believe any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible at the email address below. Email: [email protected]
- For details relating to the personal information in your Account, you may also access and change them by logging into your account on our website.
- If you are Europe Union user under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal information. We shall consider the grounds regarding your erasure request and take reasonable steps, including technical measures, if the grounds apply to GDPR.
- If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, you have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing your personal information. We shall consider the grounds regarding your restriction request. If the grounds apply to GDPR, we shall only process your personal information under applicable circumstances in GDPR and inform you before the restriction of processing is lifted.
- If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, you have the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, you have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used format and transmit the information to another data controller.
Withdrawal of consent
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information in our possession or control by submitting a request. This may be done by writing us an email to [email protected] We will process your request within a reasonable time upon the request was made, and thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal information as per your request.
- Please recognize that your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences. Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal information, it may mean that you will not be able to enjoy our products and services.
Transfer of personal information outside of your jurisdiction
To the extent that we may need to transfer personal information outside of your jurisdiction, whether to our related companies or Third-Party Service Providers, we shall do so in accordance with the applicable laws. In particular, we will ensure that all transfers will be in accordance with requirements under your applicable local data protection laws by putting in place appropriate safeguards. You have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards taken by us for this transfer of your personal information.
Whenever we share personal data originating in the EEA with a third party which may or may not be our entity outside the EEA, we will do so on the basis of EU standard contractual clauses or any other safeguards provided for in the GDPR.
- We consider it the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our products and services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to require personal information from minors (except for purchasing reason) or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category.
- We do not seek or intend to seek to receive any personal information from minors. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided us with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the personal information is removed, and the minor unsubscribes from any of the applicable of our services.
Order of precedence
Do I have to agree to any third party terms and conditions?
Here are third party terms and privacy policies that apply when you use these specific products:
- By using the sorting / searching / social media services on our website, you are agreeing to one of the following two terms based on your choice of service.
Social media (features) and widgets
About our systematic approach to manage your personal information
If you are Europe Union user under GDPR, we will provide systematic approach to manage personal data deeply engages our people, management processes and information systems by applying a risk management methodology. According to the GDPR, for instance, (1) we set up a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to in charge the data protection, and the contact of DPO is [email protected]; (2) procedure like data protection impact assessment (DPIA).
Unit 706, 7/F, Block 1, Harbour Centre, 1 Hok Cheung St., Hung Hom, Kowloon, HK Email: [email protected]